Bring Out Your Words-I’M READING’ Writers challenge- Rants, Rhymes, Poems and Plays…..???Posted April 26, 2017
COLEFORD FESTIVAL of Words
3rd to 9th July 2017
A competition for writers
A competition judged, and prizes presented, by our own Forest writer, Andrew Taylor, author of the current bestseller The Ashes of London
Prizes 1st: £30 book voucher 2nd: £20 book voucher 3rd: £10 book voucher + Youth Award
The Festival’s theme this year is Reading. We are inviting authors and budding authors to send us their piece based on the concept of I’m Reading – your text should be able to be read out loud in five minutes, which happens to be about 1,000 words. It can be a poem, a script, prose, comedy, sad, dramatic, ….
Open now; closes Monday 29 May. Shortlist advised Monday 19 June.
Winners announced on Saturday 8 July at the Festival’s Forest History Coleford Baptist Hall.
The winners will be invited to READ their entries to the audience. During the Festival week we will also invite shortlisted authors to read their pieces to various audiences.
We hope to publish an anthology of selected entries for sale during the Festival and afterwards.
Email your submission as a word doc or pdf to email@example.com with ‘I’m Reading’ in the subject.
Cut and paste the form below into the body of your email (or replicate it in your email) :
Title of your piece:
By sending this email I accept that I have read and agreed to the competition’s terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
- Entries must must be original work by the entrant and be received no later than midnight on Monday 29 May.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Authors retain copyright in their work but give the Coleford Festival of Words permission to publish it with other work in the form of an anthology, should their work be chosen for this by the organisers.
- Each author whose work is published will receive a free copy of the anthology.
- Proceeds from the sale of the anthology will go towards production and other costs incurred by the Coleford Festival of Words
Thanks to Coleford Town Council, Chepstow Bookshop,SOUNDWORK Community Project
Coleford Festival of Words 2017- www.thecolefordhub.infoTags: ColefordColeford Festival of Words 2017Coleford LibraryForest of DeanI'm Readingnew WritingSOUNDWORK Community Projects